Permanent Residence Canada
A new path for skilled workers to obtain Canadian permanent residence
See if your language skills, education level, work experience, and arranged employment will give you enough points to be invited to apply for Canadian permanent residence.
More Information About the Process
If you speaking English or French, have post-secondary education, have work experience, arranged employment in Canada, and are looking for opportunities to come to Canada, then it is important that you know about Canada’s Express Entry program. The Express Entry program is now used by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to manage and facilitate the selection, and subsequent processing, of economic immigration programs in Canada including:
1. The Federal Skilled Worker Class;
2. The Federal Skilled Trades Class;
3. The Canadian Experience Class; and
4. Some of the Provincial Nominee Programs.
The Express Entry program is the points system that many have heard about, which will enable you, provided you can obtain enough “points”, to get invited to apply for permanent residence with a particular skill.
The Express Entry program is typically broken down into two steps:
1. Creation of an Express Entry profile, in which you will input all of your pertinent information, and all of your necessary qualifications, that will generate a points total for you. Based on the number of points your profile generates, CIC will make regular draws and if you qualify, you will be sent an invitation to apply (ITA) for permanent residence.
2. Submission of your permanent residence application, including all supporting documentation which will verify all the information you submitted about yourself in step 1.
Though the Express Entry program is competitive and can be difficult at times, if you fit the criteria, then approvals of permanent residence applications are typically processed within six months, with no maximum numbers for applications to the program anymore. Canada is continuously seeking qualified skilled workers to fill shortages in many skilled worker categories across the country, and the Express Entry program is a useful tool.
Frequently asked questions about Express Entry
1. I want to become a permanent resident of Quebec, can I apply under the Express Entry program?
No, Quebec has its own program for permanent residence based on different selection criteria.
2. Can I have more than one Express Entry profile?
No, your Express Entry profile will be used to assess your eligibility for all three streams. Creating multiple profiles is not allowed and will not increase your chances of receiving an Invitation to Apply.
3. If I come from an English or French-speaking country, do I still need to meet language ability requirements?
Yes, every candidate must take a recognized third party language test and submit the results from that test. The recognized English tests are CELPIP-General and IELTS and the recognized French test is the TEF.
4. Can I update my Express Entry profile after submission?
Depends. If you were found ineligible, you must resubmit a profile. If you were found eligible, you can update your profile online.
5. Does my Express Entry profile expire?
Yes, your Express Entry profile expires if you do not receive an Invitation to Apply within 12 months.
6. What happens if I am eligible for more than one Express Entry stream?
The system will send you an Invitation to Apply from one stream, depending on which streams you qualified for. You cannot choose which program you apply under. If you decline the invitation from one program, you will not receive an Invitation to Apply under the next program.
Why should you hire Mamann, Sandaluk & Kingwell to represent you?
We have several lawyers on our processing team who are experienced with the Express Entry program, and who are always up to date on recent legislative and policy developments. They can assist with the sometimes overwhelming process of calculating your point-total and submitting the necessary documents to substantiate your application and ensure that your permanent residence application gets processed in a timely manner.
Our Business Rating
Have a Question?
Fill in our online assessment form and we will get back to you within 24 hours
Subscribe to stay updated with Canadian, US Visas and Immigration options!