Immigration Canada International Experience Class
loader image

International Experience Class

More Information About the Process

The IEC program is available for citizens of countries with a bilateral youth mobility arrangements with Canada, the list of which can be found here. There are three categories of work permits within the IEC Program that you can choose from:

Working Holiday: participants will receive an open work permit, which is ideal if you don’t yet have a job offer, you want to work for more than one employer in more than one location in Canada, and you would like to earn some money so that you can travel while in Canada as well;

Young Professionals: participants will receive an employer-specific work permit, which is perfect if you have a job offer in Canada that will contribute to your professional development, and you are planning on staying with one employer in one location for the duration of your stay; and

International Co-op Internship: participants will receive an employer-specific work permit, so that you can work in a particular internship while in Canada, directly linked to your field of study. This program is ideal for you if you are a student registered in a post-secondary institution with a job offer or internship offer in Canada which you will need to complete your studies.

There are specific eligibility requirements for each category, depending on what is the best fit for you, which includes making sure you have a valid travel document, that you are the right age, and have enough money to cover your expenses during your stay, among others. This is a very popular program for young overseas applicants who are looking to broaden their horizons in Canada.

When applying for a work permit through the IEC program, it is helpful to work with an experienced lawyer who can walk you through the specifics of the program and help you find the right fit for what suits your needs. Experienced counsel will know what forms need to be filled out, how to satisfy immigration authorities that you are the right fit for these programs, and will be able to walk you through a process that can otherwise be overwhelming and difficult to navigate.

Why should you hire Mamann, Sandaluk & Kingwell to represent you?

Mamann, Sandaluk & Kingwell LLP is one of Canada’s largest and most established immigration law firms. We work with individuals, families, and businesses across the globe to resolve all types of Canadian and U.S. immigration issues. Regardless of how large or small your immigration problems may be, our firm is here to help you at every step of the way.

Our lawyers are highly skilled professionals who know how to tackle difficult immigration related challenges. Whether you are trying to obtain a temporary admission to Canada or the U.S., or you are hoping to permanently relocate, we have the knowledge, experience, and resources to help you achieve your goals.