Quebec Experience Class

More Information About the Process

This is a program that is similar to the Canadian Experience Class (Federal Program). If you have worked or studied in Quebec, then the Quebec Experience Class (QEC) application is a fast-track Canadian immigration program that you may be eligible for. There are two different tracks for this application:

You are eligible for this program if you have held a skilled job within Quebec for at least 12 of the last 24 months, are currently employed, and have knowledge of spoken French. There are a number of conditions that you must also satisfy as a temporary worker in order to obtain a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) under this program, and those conditions are that you must:
be at least 18 years of age;
be resident in Quebec as a temporary worker and hold legal status as a temporary resident;
hold a paid full-time job in an occupation classified higher than level “C” under National Occupational Classification (NOC) and have held one or more
jobs of the same nature for at least 12 of the past 24 months;
have met the necessary conditions of a temporary worker in Canada;
have an intermediate level knowledge of spoken French; and
undertake to provide for your own needs and, if necessary, those of your spouse and any dependents you may have for a minimum of three months from the date you obtain your permanent resident status.

If you have obtained the requisite Quebec diploma, then you may be eligible through the QEC as well, as long as you have the requisite oral French language skills. Like the foreign worker track, you will have to satisfy a number of conditions to be eligible for a CSQ as a foreign student, and those conditions are that you must:

Be at least 18 years of age and intend to settle in Quebec for the purposes of employment;
Have conformed with the conditions of your stay in Canada as a foreign student;
Hold a Quebec diploma eligible for the QEC or expect to complete your study program within six months of making your application;
Have an intermediate level knowledge of oral French; and
Undertake to provide for your needs, and those of your wife and any dependents (if applicable) for a minimum period of three months from the date you obtain your permanent resident status.

The QEC program does not use a points system like the Canadian federal skilled worker program. With respect to the conditions set out above, you either qualify or you do not, and if you qualify then you are eligible to receive the QSC.

Why should you hire Mamann Sandaluk LLP to represent you?

Mamann Sandaluk LLP is one of Canada’s largest and most established immigration law firms. We work with individuals, families, and businesses across the globe to resolve all types of Canadian and U.S. immigration issues. Regardless of how large or small your immigration problems may be, our firm is here to help you at every step of the way.

Our lawyers are highly skilled professionals who know how to tackle difficult immigration related challenges. Whether you are trying to obtain a temporary admission to Canada or the U.S., or you are hoping to permanently relocate, we have the knowledge, experience, and resources to help you achieve your goals.

  • Please prove you are human by selecting the Plane.